Saturday, March 05, 2011

Book Flavors!






So, I've decided to start a new little series that I'm calling Book Flavors, where I ask children's book author/illustrators,"If your book was an ice cream flavor what would it be and why?"

As I mentioned earlier, I try not to review any books on this blog (I do, however, recommend books on my personal blog) but I'm still interested in highlighting work of my colleagues. So I thought doing these small, short and silly "interview sprinkles" would be a fun way to do it!

Also, I thought doing this might be a good icebreaker at publishing events. I'm horribly scared of approaching people but this is a good excuse...and hey, if you'd like to be featured in one of my Book Flavors and you see me at a conference or someplace, just ask!

In the meantime, enjoy!


Author: Mary Newell Depalma
Book: The Perfect Gift
Book Flavor: Strawberry

5 comments:

alvinaling said...

Aww. I love it!

Anna Alter said...

So cute!

Diandra Mae said...

Such a cute, concept! This going to be a very interesting series, because I think this is a such a unique question!

Anonymous said...

Sweet idea!

sheela chari said...

Oh, this was so darling! I love the ice cream truck intro!