Wednesday, December 19, 2012

baking cookies and ideas






It's my annual baking bonanza! I am an enthusiastic baker (notice that I did not say good or skilled) but I find I rarely have time to do so except for special occasions. However, I was so enamored by the mooncake cookies that were made for the Starry River Booklaunch that I felt like I had to make my own. And holiday treat making for publishing people was the perfect excuse!


Along with the Sasquatch's mom (Mother Sasquatch?),  Saquatch's sister (Sister Sasquatch?) came to help me out:


Mother Sasquatch clued me in on the secret to  perfect mooncake cookies-- the adjustable rolling pin! It's rather amazing. The rolling pin doesn't allow you to roll your dough thinner than your chosen thickness so all your cookies are uniform:


But, the real magic (and fun) was using the mooncake molds:



Look how pretty they are!


But I have to admit, I love packaging:




I am particularly in love with my label. It's become an inspiration for a new baby book idea. I really hope it works because I  it! 




So, next time when students ask me where I get my ideas, I'll tell them I get them from baking cookies!

1 comment:

Tina Cho said...

Those cookies are beautiful and look delicious! Great idea!