Thursday, April 25, 2013

Success






Yesterday I was feeling down, having just received the news that one of my books (one that I love) is going out of print. It is somewhat inevitable these days; if you publish long enough it will happen to you at some point.

But no matter how much you expect it or how many times you've been through it, it never ceases to feel like a punch in the stomach. Then I came across this chart by Demetri Martin:



And it made me feel a bit better. You never know what great things lay around the corner or how they will lead to the next place you go. Onward we march.

(Some inspiring stories here, via A CUP OF JO)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm saving this chart! Thanks!

www.juliadenos.com said...

Onward and upward (in curly-cue fashion!) Your work is lovely, timeless and so inspiring. Keep it up Anna! xo

Libby Koponen said...

Yes! You will write and paint other books that you will love even more...though I am sorry about this one. It still hurts!