My book HAS TO BE sent out Monday (or so insists my editor). I'm not talking about sent out from me to them... I'm talking sent out to go to print--text in its place, illustrations, all of it!
It's Sat. and I have to work from 4-10:30 today. This is what I need to do tonight (?) and tomorrow.
1) 4 illustrations (3 if my F&G doesn't have ends)
2) The author's note. It's not fact checked (can't trust copyediting for this one!) and it's not done
3) I had hired physical therapists to help me put exercises in the back. They did their part but I decided they should write an intro. I decided this on friday. I'd need it by mon. morning. Clearly that isn't going to happen.
4) artwork to go with the exercises
5) a bibliography? Do I need one? Any opinions? I used lots of newspaper clippings, a few books, etc. I'm not really wanting to put this in there for the kids but rather to cover my own butt because the info is so conflicting
6) a note from an M.D?
As you can see, I'm totally screwed.
My F&G will not contain endpapers at this point. It might not have a bibliography. The exercises will at best contain sketches as placeholders for the finished illustrations. Oh my, this F&G is going to be awful! The designer jokingly said she'd put little smiley faces on the blank pages. However, IF I were famous, perhaps it would be a collector's item. What book has sketches of the artwork? None.
Look for a weird F&G soon!
Weird facts surrounding the book—I STILL can’t spell exercise right and I must have had to type the darn word 2,000 times. Am I an idiot or what? I also am TRYING to remain calm. For ALIENS I experienced a panic attack for the first time—major heart palpitations, chest pains, shortness of breath, lightheadedness at 5am… or DID I have a heart attack? Calm music currently listening to—Nick Drake. Yeah, nice and calm.