Wednesday, December 13, 2006

aliens on audio!

I think I've mentioned this before. I wasn't kidding. There will be a ridiculous audio version that you all can use as a read-along with the book.

I'm wasting even more time by making a teaser for it on my website. Of course, it's not on the website yet. There are no pictures. Just sound.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2502954496619028021

I haven't decided what kind of video/slide show I want to make for it. My first thought was to video people walking down the street... they then pick up the pace... then you see feet chasing them... turns out it's a giant cardboard cut out of my book chasing people down he street... then the cut out trips and falls--then you see the backside and it says "on audio!"

It occurs to me now that I don't have a video camera. This would also involve getting people to film, etc. I guess I don't really have the time for this. My Pale Male book isn't done yet and another book is already up to the plate. Yikes!

Idea number 2--
I animate rough pen drawings on white paper (no color) of a giant alien stomping on cars and buildings and trees. Then in drippy type it reads "the aliens are coming!... on audio!"


It also occurs to me that I don't know how to animate things and don't have a program to do so.

So that's out.

Option number 3--
Who knows. Stay tuned!

This is how creative people procrastinate. They come up with other projects to do instead of the one they should be doing!

meghan

4 comments:

Anna Alter said...

Awesome Meghan, I love it!

We have a video camera, if you want to stage something in Boston we could figure something out. We could throw an Aliens party and then have everyone run through the streets and film it... after your deadline of course.

Anonymous said...

Hi Meghan,
Here’s how Joss Whedon created an “animated” alien for his production company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwpWKpUoW-8

Besides the video camera, you’ll need paper, markers, scissors and a Popsicle stick.

By the way, my kids are busy filling out the get-your-own-rocketship-request-form at the back of the book. Do you deliver?

Happy procrastinating!
Paul

Elaine Magliaro said...

Meghan,

I think you should take your soon-to-be established video production company to Roswell, New Mexico, for filming. Who knows...maybe you'll actually encounter some real aliens there!

Libby Koponen said...

Cool audio. I listened to it 3 times with great enjoyment but I didn't hear your name...maybe add that? And does it need visuals, couldn't it just be an audio???? Though I like Anna's idea of an alien party. We could just put garbage bags over ourselves (with painted on eyes and holes for breathing of course) and run around manicly.