Tuesday, December 26, 2006

bored

It's the day after Christmas... actually the night after... and I'm sick of "relaxing." I don't know how many times I've said I need a vacation but me sitting twiddling my thumbs at 12 am because everyone has gone to bed for more than one evening is too much. So I guess I'm not capable of relaxing. I guess I don't really enjoy it. I don't enjoy running around all day like a headless chicken and getting heart palpitations due to stress either.

So is there a happy medium? Is this part of the author curse?

meghan aka bored author, illustrator, wanna-be-song-writer/singer plus my new insane idea-- doctor (yeah, no one thinks I could ever...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grrr...blogger ate my comment..

Anyhow, as I was saying, I know what you mean. For me it's an antsiness to get back to work to relieve the guilt of not working...I forget at those times that some of my best ideas come from being idol...

On the vacation end, the only vaction that I have ever taken that has been at all relaxing in the sense that I think they should be, was one we took to Mexico a couple years ago. It was to an all inclusive resort on the water and there was really nothing to do except to float, look for seashells and drink. There was no guilt and no hurry to get back to work. It was fabulous.