Wednesday, June 25, 2008

hoping for happily ever after

So instead of working diligently on the illustrations for my new novel, I am in Upstate NY making pink princess cupcakes:
for my niece's birthday party:
I had slight twinges of guilt leaving my studio as I do NEED to get this book done but my niece only turns five once and, honestly, I couldn't take the bathroom renovation anymore. There is only so long I can stand stand the dust, loud noises, and looking at this:


But before I fled, I did do this:
The gold paint is not reproducing well in the photo, but I think the cover might be done. I'm not sure, I'm letting it sit and when I come back I'll decide if it's finished. If I'm lucky, when I get back the bathroom will decide it's finished as well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous art!

The old tug-of-war between work and family/fun. Sounds like a good reason to take a break, and those cupcakes look yummolicious.

alvinaling said...

Wow. I don't know which is more beautiful--the cupcakes or the cover!! Can't wait to see it in person...

Laura said...

The cover is gorgeous and the cupcakes look yummy!!
Is that a doll cupcake? My grandmother used to make us doll cakes! I never thought of a doll cupcake, I have to make one!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Alvina said.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Grace,

Love the cover art! It's gorgeous. Enjoy your time off with your family. Mike and I arrived in New Mexico today. The weather is beautiful and the resort where we're staying is absolutely fantastic. We're mxing a pleasure trip with a family wedding. What could be better?