Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Artists I've been admiring


I've been building a new web site for one of my books coming out next year (What Can You Do with an Old Red Shoe?) and looking at some other illustrator sites for inspiration. Just thought I'd share some of the great sites I've come across (and artwork that makes me drool):

Susie Ghahremani- Love the art and the site! The design of her web site is so seamless with her aesthetic, and I love all the patterns...



I've also always loved Jen Corace's art, and her web site is just as great. Nice and simple, but again really representative of her art style. She's got a great dress up video game that reminds me of playing with paper dolls.



Trish Grantham also has a really impressive site and really graphic, fun artwork. I love the floating clouds on the home page.

3 comments:

Libby Koponen said...

I like your Web site better than any of these: the colors and the LIGHT in every image, the aliveness of the characters. And it's not because you're my friend -- these sites are beautiful, I"m just more drawn to your images. I think lots of kids would be, too (I've seen kids look at your books!) -- but luckily for all of us, people are really different when it comes to what they like and don't like.

carterbham said...

Lisa Evans has a great site, too. www.firefluff.co.uk

Anna Alter said...

Oh wow, that is an AMAZING web site! I love the artwork too.

Thanks for the compliment Libby!