Friday, February 11, 2011

A Charming Prince Has Second Thoughts: An Original Fairy Tale Poem








This is not exactly a love poem for sharing on Valentine's Day! It's another of the poems I wrote for my unpublished collection titled Excerpts from the Fairy Tale Files.


A CHARMING PRINCE HAS SECOND THOUGHTS

Listen…Sleeping Beauty snoring
Sounds just like a lion roaring!
If I kiss her cheek, she’ll rise
And look into my deep blue eyes.
She’ll fall in love with me no doubt.
I’m the only prince hereabout.

Should I kiss Beauty? Should I not?
In this dilemma I am caught.
If I wake her now she’s mine—
This roaring, snoring valentine!
I know they say that love is blind,
But it’s not deaf. I’m disinclined
To rouse this maid. I’ll let her snore
And dream of me forevermore.






At Wild Rose Reader, I have a new fairy tale poem that I wrote yesterday titled Farewell, My Lovely.

Rasco from RIF has the Poetry Friday Roundup this week.

3 comments:

Bridget R. Wilson said...

What a great poem, Elaine. I can only hope that your fairy tale poetry collection will be published one day.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Thanks, Bridget! I've had a lot of fun writing humorous fairy tale poems. I've never submitted the manuscript to a publisher though.

jama said...

LOL. I know exactly how the Prince feels. Love your fairy tale poems, Elaine :).