Wednesday, February 14, 2007

valentine

Since today is Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share my 100% true, personal, children's book love story (some of you already know it):


Once upon a time (about 7 years ago) there was a beautiful young lady named Linda. Linda was not only beautiful, but also an illustrator of children's books (I know, "Linda?" you're asking, "I thought you said this story was about you." Don't worry; you'll see where this story is going!)

Young Linda ventured out into the world and found an opportunity to publish her first book Bird Tales. She was quite excited about her book and told all of her friends about it. One of her friends was a young lady named Grace (who was also very beautiful, by the way).

Grace, being a good friend, made sure there were always plenty of copies of Bird Tales available at the local bookstore (where she worked).

One day, while Grace was at the bookstore, a gallant, handsome young man appeared. As he entered the bookstore, he asked, "Excuse me, but do you have the book Bird Tales?" Grace, of course, jumped up, grabbed the book (she knew exactly where it was) and brought it to the handsome young man.

"My friend illustrated this book," Grace said.
"Really?" the handsome man said, "MY friend illustrated this book."

And so, Grace and the handsome male customer, discovering they had the same friend--Linda--(the main character of this story), suspected that they might have other things in common as well. So Grace and Robert (the handsome man) exchanged phone numbers, got to know each other and fell in love. Eventually, Robert asked Grace to marry him. She said yes, which is why you are reading this story.

The End!
P.S. Linda lived happily ever after.

8 comments:

Anna Alter said...

Aw, I never get tired of that story.

alvinaling said...

Me, neither. You should tell the story of how he proposed, too.

Libby Koponen said...

I hadn't ever heard the whole story before and this was a fun way to hear it.

Anonymous said...

Aw.

meghan

gail said...

Aww! Alvina has piqued my curiosity. We want more!

gail

Elaine Magliaro said...

Grace,

Every time I hear the "love tale" I think what a wonderful story it is.

Bad Art Night said...

It is an old one but good one. Especially the part about Linda being young and beautiful.

Rita said...

Wow. Awesome.