Wednesday, May 09, 2007

are those flames on my bike helmet or is it hot in here?

Ahh, the sun is shining, the temperature is rising so that must mean Spring is here...or that I've just met a recent Hot Man Of Children's Literature .

Why, yes, I did. During my regular haunt at my local bookstore, I saw posters advertising Scott Magoon's booksigning and party for his new book I've Painted Everything, realized my chance to meet my 2nd Hot Man of Children's Literature in the flesh (my first was, of course, Jarrett), and made a point of showing up (via bike, is that dedication or what?). Now I only have 36 more hot men to go!

No, no, no--I cannot tell a lie, I also went so that I could coerce #37 to participate in Robert's Snow and to check out how real authors throw book parties, hoping to pick up some pointers for my own. First pointer? Reading book to audience=good.



Pointer #2? Cute food is very popular. No sooner did I snap this picture of those cute bird cookies were they devoured by guests. It is making me wonder if I should rethink my wagashi decision.



Anyway, Scott had a great book launch (as only befitting one of his stature) and I was glad to be a groupie!

2 comments:

Libby Koponen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Libby Koponen said...

re tip # 2: As if your cupcakes aren't cute! And I bet they taste a lot more lucious than those (surely store bought?) cookies.

Or do the hot men of children's literature also slave over the hot stove?