Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another Desmond painting in progress


Thanks to all who came out for the RISD sale on Saturday, it was a great day. Be sure to join Grace and I at the holiday sale in December!

Now back to painting (deadline is ticking)...

Here is the sketch I started with, its a new Desmond after he has given up hiding for the joys of friendship:



After transferring the general shapes of the sketch (so I know where to put the highlights and shadows), I started on the background, a nice green:



No, green is not good. No green. How about orange:



Better I think. Warmer and more celebratory. Now the characters get their first wash of color (after I transfer the sketch once again):



Word balloons too:



Starting to layer the color in Desmond's outfit, and some of the faces:



Stay tuned for more next week!

No comments: