Sunday, January 31, 2010

New year



I actually LIKE moving: throwing things away, making a new start in a new place, changing the chi. Or maybe it's more atavistic: moving on to fields or tundra with riper berries, more grass for the reindeer, fewer people. Whatever it is, I find it energizing.

Now I'm in my new apartment, which has pantry -- the small orange apples on the shelf are the ones Mr.Knightley gave the Bateses in Emma:, Cox's Orange Pippins. I always wondered what they tasted like and now I know: tart, crisp, a little sweet. And to see them for sale at the first farmer's market I went to here seems like a good start to my new life.

Happy new year everyone -- and congratulations again to Grace, an even better start to the new year, pf course! But I believe in taking pleasure in the little things as well as the big ones.

3 comments:

alvinaling said...

Beautiful post! I can't wait to see your new apartment.

Anna Alter said...

Love the colors. Looks like a Cezanne painting.

Libby Koponen said...

Wow, thanks! I am really having fun with my camera....I love these colors too.