Monday, February 15, 2010

Show 'em you're a tiger!

Happy Lunar New Year, everyone! It's the year of the tiger, which happens to be the year of many of the Blue Rose Girls, including me. As Grace says on her blog:

When it is YOUR year, it means it will be a year of important and possibly life-changing decisions. It's the year where big things happen that change the course of your life.
When I look back on my last year of the tiger in 1998, I realize that was the year I decided to pick up and leave: I drove cross-country from Oakland to Boston to pursue a career in book publishing. It was certainly a decision that changed the course of my life! By the following year, I became an editorial assistant at Little, Brown.

Happy New Year, everyone. May all of your years be GRRRRRREEEEAT!

I love this photo:

****

For some pictures from an in-office celebration for Grace's Newbery Honor for Where the Mountain Meets the Moon, as well as a fun Blue Rose Girls weekend in preparation for Grace's upcoming wedding, check out this post on my personal blog.

***

Author Justine Larbalestier (Liar) has been having a series of wonderful guest posts on her blog (I myself will be contributing one soon!) In particular, I love this guest post about the importance of diversity, a topic near and dear to my heart.

***

I've been love love LOVING Fuse #8's countdown of the top 100 most beloved children's novels (I voted, did you?). Here are #75-71, with links to 76-100. I was especially pleased to see Where the Mountain Meets the Moon make an appearance at #81.

***

Congratulations to all the winners of the Cybils!

***

Happy President's Day!

1 comment:

Abby said...

I'm a Dog and the last year of the dog was 2006, which was when I finished grad school and decided to move to a city where I knew no one and start my first library job! That was definitely something that changed my life!

Happy New Year!