Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Photo for Greta is out today!







At last, A Photo for Greta is out in stores, hurray!

We've talked a lot in the past about the quiet birth of of a children's book, how you work at a story for months and years and when it finally comes out it can be a little anticlimactic. Trumpets do not sound unless you, yourself, get a trumpet to play. But today does feel kind of special. Maybe its because this is a personal book I wrote about my dad or maybe sometimes you just need to find a reason to celebrate. Or maybe I am just very excited to be back at work at last after many months of being at home with baby. But I am excited.

I've been working at redesigning parts of my web site, and just launched a page for Greta here. There you will find a curriculum guide, art activities based on the book, coloring sheets and some other goodies. There is also a handy new feature where you can click on thumbnails of the illustrations for a closer look. Take a look and let me know what you think! And stay tuned for a Father's Day book giveaway coming soon...

5 comments:

jama said...

Happy Book Birthday, Anna! Can't wait to see this one :).

Anna Alter said...

Thanks Jama!

Naomi Canale said...

Oh YAY!!! This is so exciting, congratulations Anna! I volunteer art class at my son's school and will have to do an art photo class along with your book and curriculum. Yay, how fun, can't wait!

Anna Alter said...

Hi Naomi- Hope the kids enjoy it!

Libby Koponen said...

Happy birthday, Greta! And welcome to the world!

Libby