Monday, November 12, 2012

Kid-Lit Cares

         




I'm busy preparing for our Fall/Winter 2013 Focus meeting (where editorial introduces the books on the list to the sales, marketing, publicity, etc. groups for the first time), so I'll keep this brief.

As I mentioned last week, there's a wonderful auction going on to benefit victims of Hurricane Sandy. There are still many items available from Round One here, and today also starts the Round Two auction, which I will be participating in.

You can see the Round Two auction items here (this will be updated with a full listing of auctions as they are posted).

They’ll also be posting the auctions to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KidLitCares

And the host of Round Two, Joanne Levy, will be tweeting about the auctions, so feel free to follow her on Twitter if you don’t already: @JoanneLevy and use the hashtag: #KidLitCares.

My auction item should be posted tomorrow (November 13).

Thanks to all the bidders!

***

On Friday, I'm heading off to Las Vegas for the NCTE (National Council of Teachers of English) Annual Convention, followed by the ALAN (Assembly on Literature for Adolescents) Workshop. I'm looking forward to some stimulating conversations with teachers, authors, and publishing folks. If you'll be there, stop by the Little, Brown booth and say hi! See you in Vegas, baby!

1 comment:

Joanne Levy said...

Thank you so much for the mention, Alvina! I'll be at NCTE also and will look for you.