Wednesday, November 28, 2012

post-thanksgiving this and that







Hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving!

While I was eating turkey, CNN ran their  Thanksgiving story, "Special Places to Find Gratitude," which features yours truly. When they interviewed me, I had to really think of what places I found most peaceful. In the end, I told the author about my experience of seeing the Big Buddha during my trip to Hong Kong. I'm not sure if that is really my most zen place but looking over my old Hong Kong blog posts did make me a bit wistful for overseas travels and adventure. Maybe when the baby gets a little older!




Also while I was eating turkey, BRG friend and my soon-to-be-neighbor, Jarrett Krosoczka shared this very poignant video of a Tedx talk he gave (he's also running charity auction right now! bid now!):



Hope that helps continue the spirit of gratitude past Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Libby Koponen said...

Jarret's talk is SO GREAT: moving and inspiring on a number of levels -- hope, generosity, what his grandparents gave him and what he gave (and continues to give) other children.

And I love his OWL story! What a talented guy!