Friday, November 30, 2012

POETRY FRIDAY: Autumn Acrostics



I thought is was about time that I got back to posting on Poetry Friday again. Here are some original acrostics that I wrote about the season of autumn some time ago:


Animals get ready for winter--slip
Under stones, hide in hollow logs, bury
Themselves in pond bottoms. The
Underlife of leaves bursts forth in a
Myriad of colors and they dazzle like jewels on a
Necklace of trees.



Must fly south
Into the sun…must
Get going…before Mother Nature
Raises her icy hands
And frosts
This world
In white. Follow me
On the wing to a land that does
Not know the chill of winter



Like baby birds
Eager to test their wings
A scarlet flock takes flight in a silent
Valediction to summer.
Earthbound, they
Settle into autumn, curl up from the cold.



Crimson and gold, pumpkin
Orange, lemon yellow, burnt sienna...
Leaves don their autumn finery in
October to celebrate the season.
Restless breezes set them dancing,
Swirling through air like a rainbow of dervishes


At Wild Rose Reader, I have an original animal mask poem about termites.



Amy has the Poetry Friday Roundup at The Poem Farm.

********************
 

Regular readers of the Blue Rose Girls blog probably know that I've been very busy providing day care for my Granddaughter Julia. It is such fun for me to spend so much time with her and to watch her change and grow. This week I took her outside to explore her surroundings. She was wearing her new brown boots. I took the following video of her:







1 comment:

laurasalas said...

Oh, you know how I love your acrostics, Elaine! Favorite bit today:

before Mother Nature
Raises her icy hands
And frosts
This world
In white.

But these are all gorgeous!