Monday, January 07, 2013

Happy New Year!

         




This is my first post of the New Year, and as usual, I've made a bunch of new New Year's Resolutions. I wasn't as successful as keeping my resolutions from 2012 as I have been in the past, but I'll let myself off the hook. 2013 is a brand-new year!

Here are some of my resolutions for this year:

-No spending money on internet shopping, unless for a gift, a necessity, or for work. (For some reason, this is a controversial goal for a lot of people. I'm not opposed to internet shopping in general--this is just me, but I find I spend too much time and money buying things I don't really need.)

-No candy (I fell off the wagon big time the second half of last year. So I thought I'd revive this one.)

-Have at least one weekend day where I work less than two hours (unless I'm at a conference)

-Don't stay at the office past 9 pm, and if I do stay till 9, only once a week.

-Have at least one unscheduled night a week.

-Do at least one good deed each month

-Throw out or give away at least 150 items (not including trash)

What are some of your resolutions, if you make them?

3 comments:

Naomi Canale said...

Ah, man, that "no candy" resolution would be the death of me, but good for you. I really wish I could do that.

This year I'm going to try to volunteer more. My children are all getting old enough now that I can leave the house for longer periods of time.

Good luck with yours, that's a really great list!

Meghan McCarthy said...

Alvina, you should never be at the office as late as 9! Leave earlier!

I read that people often don't fulfil their resolutions because they make too many of them. It's best to only make one or two.

I never make resolutions. I try my best to do what I can. That's all I have to say on that one. Although one goal this year for me is to save up my money. I'm trying to earn enough money to buy an apartment or some sort of dwelling. We'll see what happens after I have to pay the tax man. Yikes.

Kim Murray said...

I don't usually make resolutions, but now I'm thinking I should. I like your "throw out or give away at least 150 items." I could pick a number like that and just do it. I should. I think I will!