Monday, January 14, 2013

This year's holiday craft






Every year I like to make a little something around this holidays. This year I was inspired by these lovely little bird ornaments, so I gave a shot at making something similar with my illustrations.

First, I printed out some images on to iron-on sheets, then ironed them on to a large piece of linen:


Next, I cut them out, and matched each with a piece of bright, patterned fabric for the back:


Then, I added a small piece of ribbon (at last something to do with my re-used ribbon collection!), sewed, and stuffed them. My assistant inspected each very carefully.


Once they were approved, we hung them on the tree or gave them away. Perhaps next year they will find their way to my Etsy Shop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love ornaments that don't break. Very cute!

Kimbra Kasch said...

LOVE these and especially love that you reused ribbon :D "sew" sustainable ;)

Naomi Canale said...

Cute!!