Thursday, January 31, 2008

GIVE ME A PLUSH ALIEN!

I've had an idea for a while now: to make a plush version of one of my aliens and then make a pattern that can be downloaded off my site. Of course, the problem is I'm bad at sewing. I still want to make one as soon as I get a bit of time and can drag myself to the fabric store... wherever that is.

In the meantime, I have a proposal. If someone out there... anyone... has a bit of time and likes to sew... could sew me an alien... then I will PUT YOU INTO MY NEWEST BOOK - SEABISCUIT! I promise. All you have to do is make a nice little felty plush alien... or any character from one of my books and send me the photo... one I can treasure for ever... then I'll put you into my book.

Here are some ideas:















Seabiscuit is due VERY soon so you must hurry!!!

hugs and kisses,
Meghan

11 comments:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I am interested in this project! Where did these lovely creatures come from? Has someone else made them for you? Tell us more.

Blue Rose Girls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna Alter said...

I love homemade monsters!

alvinaling said...

Man, I wish I could sew...

Meghan McCarthy said...

I found the monsters online from different sources. They're really cool, right?

Anonymous said...

I love the soft-monsters! Nothing like cuddly-creatures to help kids get a good night's sleep-they can scare away the creepy-critters.

Kim K.

Anonymous said...

Meghan,

Where online?????

I love the purple-faced, spotted, winged baby elk thingie.

KT

Laura said...

I could do this if you still need someone to... (don't tell anyone who I owe work to! : )) I used to make teddy's for a "living".
I LOVE these monsters!!

Meghan McCarthy said...

I'm accepting anyone willing! All I want is a photo of it and instructions to how you made it - so that I can put it on my website to share with everyone. A pattern with it would be extra super. Then you get to be in the book. I swear!

I googled the monsters so I have no idea where they're from! An awesome book to buy is called SOFTIES - comes with patterns.

meghan

Meghan McCarthy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meghan McCarthy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.