Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Save the date!




Good news, Priscilla and the Hollyhocks, will be released in February at last! When I was painting the illustrations last year I blogged about it a number of times if you may remember here, here and here. You can see some of my paintings for the book here.

To celebrate this great occasion, the publisher and two great local bookstores are throwing us two fun-filled launch parties, one in Jamaica Plain and one in Wellesley. Both events will feature:

*An art activity for kids (make your own hollyhock doll)
*Curriculum guides for teachers who wish to use the book in their classroom
*A short presentation by both the author and myself about how we made this book
*Original artwork and sketches/process work on display

Plus snacks and good cheer for all of course!

Here are the details:

February 9th at 1:00 pm
The Wellesley Booksmith
82 Central St
Wellesley, MA 02482
(781) 431-1160

February 16th at 3:00 pm
Jamaicaway Books
676 Centre Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
(617) 983-3204

Feel free to pass along the invitation, all are welcome!

3 comments:

Libby Koponen said...

I can't wait to see the original art again! It is BEAUTIFUL. I know that's an over-used word but it is true in this case.

Meghan McCarthy said...

The cover looks great, Anna!

Annie Patterson said...

Congratulations, I can't wait to see it. It looks beautiful.