Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Clearing the decks


On Friday I'm starting a month long yoga retreat (gulp). Just like any other project I can't get started before clearing the decks and getting my studio in order. There is work to wrap up, loose ends to tie and dust bunnies to sweep!

I got the proof for What Can You Do with an Old Red Shoe? yesterday (my activity book which will be out next spring), so satisfying to see a project near completion, on my end anyways, before starting something new. Here is the jacket and title page:



A sample spread:



And of course the pile of papers I still have to go through before Friday, ack!



See you in August!

1 comment:

Blue Rose Girls said...

So adorable! (Red Shoe.) I think the cover came out really well and the spreads look enticing. Also didn't say last week that I love, love, love the paintings in Abigail, especially the light and rich colors. WEll and the characters too so no "especially" I guess!

I'm relieved to hear that I am not the only one who spends time clearing the decks. I honestly believe that it clears my mind, too, so I can really focus on the big project.

I hope the yoga is amazing in good ways. Namaste!