Saturday, July 26, 2008

Question of the Week: What's on your mind?

Alvina: my beautiful new Macbook! I ended up going with a white one, and I'm very happy with it. Woo-hoo!



Grace: Ever since Libby's pretty tea party, I've coveted her lovely dishes. I've begun to visit goodwill stores, salvation armies, etc. in search of my own old-fashioned teaware. I love the treasure hunt as well as the mix-match results of my starting collection; and all I can think about is how sweet it will be to have a tea party with them!




Elaine: Cleaning! I have to admit that I'm a pack rat. Over my many years of teaching and working as a librarian...and more than sixty years of living, I have collected a lot of stuff. The thought of going through it all to see what should be thrown out and what should be saved has seemed overwhelming to me--so I always did it in fits and starts. Well, I'm happy to say that I finally set my mind to the task in earnest last week. I've already tossed out ten bags of "stuff"--and it feels really good! Now...I must return to my cleaning...while I'm still in the mood.


Libby: Submissions. Right now, getting three manuscripts out. If there is anything less fun to write than a ms cover letter, I don't know what it is. For me, it's even harder than a job letter, because in my heart of hearts I never want the job.

But the submissions. I really DO want people to read the manuscripts. Once these letters are done and the mss. are mailed, the challenge will be getting them OFF my mind! If I do a good job on the letters, that will be easy, because I will have done all I can. It's when I haven't done my best that things nag at me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Just wanted to pipe in that I have a new macbook too (black) and I LOVE it too. Wanted to share the joy with you Alvina! Long live the Mac!

Amy