Wednesday, August 13, 2008

race


Here is the first color painting I've done for WHERE THE MOUNTAIN MEETS THE MOON. Upon looking at the manuscript, we decided it would be ideal if there were 10 color illustrations...but I need to do them by the end of the month. Yikes! Wish me luck!

I want them all to have this level of detail, though I do think I overworked this one a little. If I have time, I'm going to go back and decrease the contrast of the gate, take the yellow/orange light away from it, make it a bit more monochromatic so it isn't so fussy looking.

4 comments:

jama said...

Just gorgeous, Grace! Blues and greens are my favorite colors :)!

Anonymous said...

Grace,

You have a terrific first painting! Lovely mood and detail. You are off and running....

I will be watching for updates. I love the visual blogging.

Katherine

Meghan McCarthy said...

It looks great!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Grace,

The illustration is lovely. I like your color palette. The yellow/orange light doesn't show on my monitor.