Wednesday, June 09, 2010

FCB Auction with Leo Landry


The Foundation for Children's Books in Boston is one of my very favorite organizations. They hold a series of lectures with various children's book writers and illustrators at Boston College, give workshops for book lovers of all kinds, and do the very good work of bringing authors into schools that cannot afford them.

Last year, Grace began donating paintings to the Foundation to be auctioned on eBay as a benefit for their programs in under-served schools. This year, 12 different illustrators will contribute to the "Small Graces" auction (I'll be donating a piece this fall). Each month a small, unpublished, original painting will be auctioned on eBay with 100% of the proceeds to support the FCB's author/illustrator visits and residencies in urban schools.

This month's painting (below), a gorgeous, signed watercolor by Leo Landry with a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson, is on auction now through through Friday, June 11. Leo is a friend and incredibly talented, I especially adore his book The Snow Ghosts.

Click here to bid on his beautiful piece. This is a really great chance to get affordable original children's book art for a great cause!

2 comments:

Penny Auction Online said...

Very nice post. I love these series too as they remember me about childhood time. Thanks for share with us.

Libby Koponen said...

I love this! And I love Leo's work -- EAT YOUR PEAS IVY LOUISE is my favorite because it's so funny.

Anna, I am saving up and hope I win whatever you donate. I was really sorry not to have been able to buy your BEST FRIENDS painting last year.