Friday, June 04, 2010

A Purple Poetry Friday Post

Grace often shows us dresses and outfits that she's considering wearing to special events. I thought I'd show you a picture of the mother-of-the bride dress I bought to wear at my daughter's wedding in July. I got my dress in purple.


One of the things I like best about this dress
is that it is lightweight and comfortable.

Here are the shoes I bought to wear.
I think I'm going to have to practice
walking in them.
I almost never wear high heels.
I don't want to wobble when I walk down the aisle!


Since I'll be wearing purple at my daughter's wedding--I selected the following poem by Jenny Joseph to post today:


Warning

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.

I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in the slippers in the rain
And pick the flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.

You can read the rest of the poem here.

********************

At Wild Rose Reader, I have an original acrostic poem about a dragonfly that is also a mask poem.

The Poetry Friday Roundup is over at The Cazzy Files.

2 comments:

Grace Lin said...

aww, you are going to look great! If you want a trial run with your dress, wear it to ALA (with your blue rose!)

Elaine Magliaro said...

Grace,

I'm not doing a trial run with my mother-of-the-bride dress. Perish the thought!

I'm going to practice walking around in those shoes though. Someone suggested that I get the soles worn a bit so they aren't slippery. I might even use sandpaper.