Monday, June 28, 2010

I haven't posted in a while. I've been all consumed by some non kids book things... some things that I'd rather not be consumed by... some rather unpleasant things.

Anyway, last weekend I went to my parents' house for a family reunion. While there I took a nice canoe ride with my sister...



And sat in the new structure my dad built by the river, which sits on a large rock. In this shot my dad is sitting in it playing his guitar. Being at my parents' house is very relaxing and I definitely needed a break.



And then I went to DC to cheer Grace on as she received her award. I stayed with my aunt who lives in Virginia. I was frightened to go because it was a long drive and I wasn't feeling well but I'm glad I went. I had a good time. When I got there I went out to dinner with the BRG gang, my aunt and her husband, my little sis who was visiting DC as well (she went to school there), my RH editor, Janet Wong, Grace's agent, and maybe some other people? Am I forgetting anybody? I'm not sure who was sitting at the other side of the table. Then the next day I painted a bit (my aunt nicely let me use her table!) and then put on some dress clothes. I of course forgot my dress shoes at home so I had to make do with my aunt's black flip-flops and some of her dark red/maroon nail polish at the last minute (this is so typical of me). I also forgot my mom's black sweater so I had to wear my gray sweatshirt when I got cold. Oh yeah, real dressy! I may have well just worn jeans. I'm also annoyed that I didn't take more photos. Why did I bother carrying my camera? But I guess that's another topic.


(this is Grace's book being projected. Go Grace!)


(The only photo I took of anyone really. Why didn't I take more photos? Next time someone tell me to take more! Anna is looking lovely and Grace's husband Alex is making a silly face...)


(This shows how LARGE the thing was. I couldn't figure out where to sit. People had to help me find the spot. I was seriously LOST. The whole thing was crazy. Did the seating even have a system? Maybe it did but I didn't notice. It was too crazy for me to figure it all out. Aaaaa!!!!)

No comments: