Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thank you for coming!

The Ling heads were made:

the Ting heads were made:
The boxes had their cupcakes:
And the bags were filled with their magnets and chopsticks:
And only needed decorating:
But I had a hard time getting the help to part with the paper flowers:

However, everything was finished and brought to the bookstore for the LING AND TING BOOK PARTY!!!

Where, after I spoke a little (tried to keep it short):

It was time for the cupcakes!

It was kind of a long line (thanks for your patience!):
Because I had to admire everyone's matching Twin outfits!!

This family deserves a prize for the cupcake theme coordination--they even have a matching Lissy doll:

Though, these girls looked pretty delicious in their dim sum shirts:
And these ladies are lovely in their spring colors, coordinated with Mom and brother:

While these girls even had matching shoes:

But, I admit, I'm a bit partial to those matching with ME!

I hope everyone had a good time at the Ling & Ting Book Party! Thanks so much for coming!

8 comments:

MotherReader said...

This is so freakin' adorable. I would have loved to have been there. Did you save a Ling or Ting head for me? I'll see you at ALA, you know.

Trish said...

Sweet! I've been lurking a little while, but this post urged me to comment (cupcakes have that effect on me). What a lovely book party--a real treat for all who were lucky enough to attend.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you! Hooray for LING & TING! Hooray for cupcakes! :)

Anonymous said...

You looked adorable! What a wonderful celebration. I loved the decorations too--Mitzi

Grace Lin said...

Thanks, everyone!

MotherReader, will bring a Ting head just for you!

tammi sauer said...

I am in awe!

Kristi Valiant said...

You throw the most amazing book parties! Oh how I wish I lived near you.

mbpbooks said...

sad, sad, sad I missed this ... could have brought my own handsome indian twins ... looks like such fun!