Friday, October 08, 2010

POETRY FRIDAY: Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout

I have another Shel Silverstein poem video for you this week. I selected Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout because it was always a favorite with my elementary students. It’s fun to hear Silverstein perfom the poem himself.




********************


At Wild Rose Reader, I have a review of Rita Gray’s One Big Rain: Poems for Rainy Days and a bunch of my original poems about rain--including the following one that I wrote for Grace's "Small Graces" painting seen below.

Standing on the sidewalk
Listening to raindrops patter
On my polka-dotted umbrella.
The falling sky tap dances above me
in silvery shoes.
I hear the steady beat…
feel the rhythm of the rain.
My yellow-booted feet
Want to waltz me down the street!

The Poetry Friday Roundup is at Carol’s Corner this week.

No comments: