Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Cutest thing ever

An old friend of mine who is a Montessori school teacher recently showed me this video of one of her little students reading one of my books, SO sweet. Apparently she has read the The Three Little Kittens with them so much that she has memorized it and is quietly reciting it to herself (at times not so quietly). I love how she keeps turning the pages while she looks around the room to see what everyone else is doing!

BTW I have permission from her mother to post it for those concerned.

3 comments:

Libby Koponen said...

That is adorable! I like her little outfit, too.

When I substituted for the first (and probably, last) time an eight-year old BOY also fell in love with this book of yours! He read it over and over -- out loud, insisting that everyone else listen and look at the pictures. I don't think he had ever heard the rhyme before and he found it hilarious.

Those old nursery rhymes ARE great and I think it's sad that not more children know them....which they would if they were presented as beautifully as you present "The Three Little Kittens" in this book.
libby

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your video! How wonderful that you can view firsthand the impact of your work on a child.

Meghan McCarthy said...

That is cute! It's always great to see the books in action...