Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Blogiversary fellow bloggers and blog readers!

I woke up this morning to an NPR story about blogs, which reminded me that it was my day to post. According to a Wall Street Journal article"Happy Blogiversary" that was reported back in July, one of, if not the first blog was Robot Wisdom.

On Dec. 23, 1997, on his site, Robot Wisdom, Mr. Barger wrote: "I decided to start my own webpage logging the best stuff I find as I surf, on a daily basis," and the Oxford English Dictionary regards this as the primordial root of the word "weblog."

Other early blogs were CamWorld and Scripting News. It's incredible that these blogs are celebrating their 10-year anniversaries this year--I wonder who among us will still be blogging 5 or 10 years from now. Will I?

The NPR.com page also has a little chart about who blogs and why people blog. I'd say the reasons why I blog are pretty much in line with the reasons why most people blog.

So, in the spirit of the long life of blogs, I'd love to hear a little more about what you'd like to see happen with the Blue Rose Girls blog in the next year. Any type of posts you'd like to see more of? Should we bring the question of the week back? Does anyone out there even have any questions for us?

2 comments:

laurasalas said...

I love it when y'all post about your writing, editing, or illustrating processes. I find that fascinating!

MotherReader said...

I second Laura above, I love hearing about the process. But mostly, I just want to keep hearing you guys blogging through the new year. Don't stop. Oh, and Happy Holidays to you all.