Thursday, April 30, 2009

THE STUFF AND OTHER GREATNESS

So it's going on 4 am here and I'm trying to get some painting done. I have also been watching some childhood memories on YouTube. It stared with the Electric Grandma. I was creeped out by it as a kid but also fascinated. All I remembered was the part where the grandma poured milk out of her finger. I also thought there was a part with coffins, but this must be it:



Then there was The Stuff. I looked it up and I guess it was supposed to be a comedy, but at the time I thought it was the best most creepy movie ever.




I can now see the comedy aspect... or at least the gross aspect. Yes!

It's interesting how kids perceive things. I'm sad that a lot of the books I loved as a kid could not be made today. Everyone is so careful. Kids aren't that delicate. What they will end up with is great/strange memories that will linger forever.

meghan

1 comment:

carterbham said...

Are you a secret member of our family? Because those were two of our favorite movies when I was a kid. Also, "Parents." I watched "The Stuff" recently with my sister and we couldn't believe how bad it really was.