Wednesday, June 10, 2009

launch

So the flowers were made, the bags were filled and the sugee cookies were plated.Now all I needed were people! Would it be a disastrous empty room filled with goody bags and echos?

At least I knew my blue rose girls would show. But would anyone else?

YES! Yippee, a full house!

Now, my little speech about some of the background of the book. Just hoping I am coherent:

Then, reading an excerpt (some kids read silently along, so cute!):
Followed by a mad dash for cupcakes to see who won the coins:

While I signed books:

The sugee cookies were eaten (though it took a little encouraging):

And even the paper flowers found new places to bloom:
A lovely, lovely launch.

Where the Mountain Meets the Moon could not have had a warmer welcome. Thank you all SO much for coming!

6 comments:

Karen Romano Young said...

Hi Grace! Congratulations on making it to the top of this particular mountain. Your book launch party looks magnificent. My daughter Emily (a cupcake chef) and I are particularly impressed with the blue sparkly cupcakes. Wishing you all good things. . .

Wren

Anna Alter said...

The launch was so much fun, a smashing success!! Congrats Grace!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Grace,

I had a great time on Saturday. It was so good to be with you and the other Blue Rose Girls--and to see all the people who turned out for your launch party. As Anna said--It was a smashing success!

MotherReader said...

What a wonderful book party! It looked lovely, you had a great turn-out, and all your BRG friends came - which in itself is amazing given everyone's busy schedules. I'm so happy for you!

Grace Lin said...

Thanks everyone! Stay tuned for the online launch. It will be at my facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Grace-Lin/87861184226?ref=ts

So, please join up!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Grace.

It looks like a spectacular event!