Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Small Graces auction: guest appearance


As most of you know, Grace has very generously founded yet another amazing charity event: the Small Graces auction to benefit the Foundation for Children's Books and the very worthwhile work that they do bringing authors into underfunded schools.

She could not have picked a better cause. The FCB works tirelessly to bring authors to schools that need them and promote literacy. I'll be visiting such a school in Chelsea this spring through their program and I can't wait, there is nothing like speaking to a group of kids who are hungry to learn about books and art and so rarely get the chance. I am humbled and delighted to be able to visit these kids.

Anyhow, the reason I bring this up is that this month Grace has offered me a way to participate in her project. I have donated my own illustrated proverb, to be auctioned on ebay from Monday, April 13th to Friday, April 17th.

As soon as I read the below proverb, I knew it would be perfect for an illustration of Abigail and George from Abigail Spells. I hope the painting is worthy of all the time and energy Grace has put into the project, and hope you will support the FCB by bidding on April 13th!

1 comment:

Libby Koponen said...

I love this painting. And the saying is true.