Friday, January 13, 2012

2011 Cybils Finalists Announced!


The 2011 Cybils Finalists were announced on New Year’s Day. I was away in the White Mountains of New Hampshire celebrating with friends and wasn’t able to post anything because I had no Internet access. Then it was off to my daughter's to provide "nanny granny" services. I'm finding it difficult to post as frequently at Blue Rose Girls and at Wild Rose Reader because I spend so much time away from home taking care of my granddaughter. I hope I'll be able to get into a better blogging routine in the near future. That said, I LOVE taking care of little Julia Anna. She is the sunshine of my life!

Here is a picture that I took of Julia with my 93-year-old mother on Christmas Eve.
Here is a picture of Julia on Christmas Day.

Here are a few more pictures that I took of my little darlin' recently.


You’ll find links to the titles of the 2011 Cybils finalists in all the categories here.

Once again, I served as a first round poetry judge. Click here to read descriptions of the six poetry books that we selected as finalists.


The 2011 Cybils Poetry Finalists
Cousins of Clouds: Elephant Poems by Tracie Vaughn Zimmer

Dear Hot Dog by Mordicai Gerstein

Emma Dilemma: Big Sister Poems by Kristine O’Connell George

Requiem: Poems of the Terezin Ghetto by Paul B. Janeczko

Self-Portrait with Seven Fingers: The Life of Marc Chagall in Verse
by J. Patrick Lewis and Jane Yolen
We Are America: A Tribute from the Heart by Walter Dean Myers
**********
Over at Wild Rose Reader today, I posted an original fairy tale poem written in the form of a FAX from Cinderella to Prince Charming. Click here to read it.

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

What gorgeous photos - you must indeed have had a wonderful time :-)

Although I had seen the Cybils shortlists, this is actually the first time I've seen lovely large cover images of them all. As an elephant fanatic I thought I would have to get my paws on Cousins of Clouds - after seeing the illustration I realsie I must make it a priority! Thank you.

Heather said...

Cousins of Clouds sounds fun, I'll be finding it for my son who loves elephants. Thank you!