Tuesday, January 03, 2012

The Montague Bookmill






Happy new year all! This New Year's Eve we ventured out to a cozy spot I've been wanting to explore for awhile, The Montague Bookmill. I'd been spotting bumper stickers around town that said "books you don't need in a place you can't find", so naturally I was intrigued. The place lived up to it's great tag line.

Montague is an adorable little town tucked away on the Sawmill River. The old mill building turned book store/restaurant/art gallery is just what you'd expect; gorgeous exposed wood beams, giant windows looking out over the rapids, and great little architectural details all over the place.





We had brunch in The Lady Killigrew Cafe overlooking the water.


After brunch we explored the book store with it's large stacks and little reading nooks tucked away all over the place.



I picked up a new title by friend Leo Landry, can't wait to read it to Tilly when she's older.


She couldn't wait to get home to start reading.


I wonder who she takes after.


On our way out we went by The Night Kitchen Restaurant. They were closed but we're excited to check it out on our next visit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, can i ask you something? I’m looking for children books with “scary” animal illustrations like Wolf (or fox) eating pigs (or seven kids or Red Riding hood or birds in Chicken Little) or being pictured with a fat stomach. Any sort of help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Great blog, by the way!

nelly

Cathy Mealey said...

Nelly - I recall seeing something like that in an luustrated version of Peter and The Wolf. (In fact it terrified my DD so I gave it away). HTH!

Kristen Wixted said...

I love the book mill! My favorite t-shirt every summer says Books you don't need in a place you can't find on the back. It is quite possibly the best PR slogan I can think of!