Wednesday, June 05, 2013

BN STILL ISN'T SELLING MY BOOK







The test continues.  I read this on an author's blog:

"I just learned that I can’t visit any Barnes and Noble store with the release of my upcoming novel , the thirteenth in the Cork O’Connor series.  There’s a spat going on between my publisher, Simon and Schuster, and the bookstore chain.  No Simon and Schuster author may visit any Barnes and Noble until further notice."

I'm trying a little experiment, but thus far no dice. BN has an email where you can write to them and it'll go to corporate (for employees only). It's supposed to be to complain about things or write  suggestions, etc. But what I wanted was for them to send my letter to the corporate buyers since I don't have their email. What I said in the email was that I'd been a bookseller for the past 12 years and kindly asked them to consider carrying my new book out this month even though there was a dispute going on between them and S&S. They wrote a "congratulations on your new book!" email, and then said they'd forward my email to the correct people (the buyers). I have not yet heard back.

This is what I want to know: does BN value their employees at all? Back in the Riggio days I think they did... but with the new regime, I'm not sure that they do. We shall see. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. They're not carrying my S&S book, either. I just posted about it on Monday. Really stinks to be caught in the crosshairs of a corporate dispute!