Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Bazaar Bizarre in Boston




This weekend, amidst our first snow, I attended the Bazaar Bizarre in downtown Boston at the Castle (pictured above). Its the ultimate in handmade crafty goodness! This year, despite the state of the economy, I was amazed to see the line to get in running about a block long. I had thought things might be slower this year, but that was not at all the case. I was chatting with a friend who had a table inside, and she said at all the craft sales she's done lately sales have been up compared to past years. Interesting. Maybe folks are just thinking more about how they spend their money, and trying to support local artists?

Anyways, here are some highlights. The place was filled with adorable tiny plush toys, silk screened t-shirts and handmade things of all kinds.

I've always loved looking at vast quantities of colorful yarn:



I LOVED these little guys. They are by an artist called Ashley Anna Brown, she calls them Fern Animals. I love the kitties in stripes!



These guys are by Soto Softies. The details on the owls are so lovely:





More plush goodness by Wren Handmade. I'm not a big into dolls usually, but these were so meticulously crafted and beautiful. I especially loved the pile of little coats:



And lastly, rows and rows of handmade soap by The Fuzzy Bunny. I bought the citrus basil, lilac, and white tea and ginger. Yum!



See the Bazaar Bizarre link above for dates in other cities. And support local artists this holiday season (including Grace at the RISD sale this weekend)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I totally want that stuff!

Anonymous said...

I said that -
meghan

Anna Alter said...

I totally want to make cool stuff like this! This time of year all I want to do is craft! Sadly its the time of year I have the least time to do it.

Anonymous said...

I so would love to attend this show next year, wish I could've bought one of those charming dolls!