Friday, December 05, 2008

POETRY FRIDAY: The 2008 Cybils & Children's Poetry Book Reviews



I am serving once again as a member of the Cybils poetry-nominating panel. For this Poetry Friday, I thought that I would post links to the reviews of four of the nominated books that I wrote earlier this year for Wild Rose Reader.



For more information about the Cybils, click on the following link:
The Cybils 2008: The Children’s & Young Adult Literary Awards

Reviews of Children’s Poetry Books Nominated for a 2008 Cybils


The Monarch’s Progress: Poems with Wings Written & Illustrated by Avis Harley




On the Farm Written by David Elliott & Illustrated by Holly Meade




Stella, Unleashed: Notes from the Doghouse Written by Linda Ashman & Illustrated by Paul Meisel



The World's Greatest: Poems Written by J. Patrick Lewis & Illustrated by Keith Graves

Click here to see the list of all the children’s poetry books nominated for a 2008 Cybils.


********************


Since I’m no longer reviewing books for Blue Rose Girls, I thought that I would also include links to some of the other children’s poetry books that I reviewed for Wild Rose Reader in 2008.


********************


At Wild Rose Reader, I have reviews of J. Patrick Lewis’s Under the Kissletoe: Christmastime Poems and Harriet Ziefert’s Hanukkah Haiku.


The Poetry Friday Roundup is at Mommy’s Favorite Children’s Books.


1 comment:

Kelly Polark said...

Thank you for the list. There are so many of these books that I have yet to look through.