Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Art to do list for 2009


This year instead of focusing on personal resolutions, I decided to make a list of all the art projects I've been meaning to do, but always put aside so I can focus on writing and painting books. What I'm realizing is that if I don't do those other projects, my writing and illustration will suffer, I need to dabble more to feed my inspiration! So here are some of my artistic goals for 2009. I may not get to all of them, but I like the idea of starting a list so that I can do them, eventually.

- Start a series of pet portraits (along the lines of this painting I did for a friend's wedding).

- I'd like to do some little paintings on miniature square canvases of trees and flowers in interesting color palettes.

- I'd like to do more sewing. Its something I grew up doing quite a bit, but again always something that gets pushed to the bottom of my creative list. In particular I'd like to sew little animals like these, and maybe some table runners with matching cloth napkins.

- I'd like to learn an animation program, and animate some of my drawings. I've had an idea about flying cats thats been flapping its wings in the back of my brain for a long time!

- I'd like to do more drawing from life.

What are your artistic goals for 2009?

2 comments:

Jean Wogaman said...

I need to do some sample MG book covers for my portfolio. I'd also like to do more drawings and paintings of children in action.

Libby Koponen said...

I want to take good photographs, lots of good photographs. I have a good digital camera now, and it's silly not to learn how to use it to capture things in daily life. Looking at Alvina's photographs of my apartment, and thinking how much better I like them than any I've taken, emphasized the need to do this!

Great post, by the way.