Thursday, February 05, 2009

ART FOR SALE!



I've recently purchased some art on the web because it was affordable--I'm talking under 100 dollars. That's a rarity. After hanging a few of the pieces I got to thinking--why couldn't I make some art for sale at an affordable price? I'll admit that I won't readily sell any art from my books, especially at a low price. I won't sell any of it for less than a few thousand most likely. BUT I'm perfectly willing to part with some of my tiny B&W things. I figure since they're small I could price them at less than 50 bucks. Is that too cheap? I'm not sure. There's a fine line between seeming unworthy by pricing too low and being just low enough that people will still value the pieces.

Anyway, stay tuned. I may be selling those little "gems" soon!
(II am slightly sarcastic with the gems thing)

meghan

2 comments:

Kimbra Kasch said...

I would call it a bargain. That sounds better than cheap - plus, in these times of high unemployment, everyone's looking for a deal.

Christine Tripp said...

At $50 I would suggest they be prints Meghan. You could then offer them at an even lower price if you wished (plus shipping). I wouldn't sell your originals that low. Would you these b/w's as WFH for $50? I don't think so:)