Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Ready for our close-up


So when friend and fellow author/illustrator Jarrett Krosoczka recently called up the Blue Rose Girls and asked if we would make a cameo in a little movie he was putting together, we were totally flattered to be part of what was bound to be yet another fun and ingenious project (his Monkey Boy video from a few years ago was a total riot).

So we got together and brainstormed a spoof on Sex and the City (I'm Charlotte, can you tell?), only with cupcakes instead of Manhattans... we are of course pretty bad actors, but we had a blast doing our skit.



When we saw the final product, we were blown away by the absolutely hysterical movie he put together, featuring such book legends as Tomie dePaola, Jane Yolen, Mo Willems, Jon Sciezka and Tony DiTerlizzi.

Jarrett played the movie at the SCBWI conference in NY this past Saturday.

Watch the full video here.

I especially love Tomie dePaola's part and Jarrett jumping around on the beach at the end, so funny!

5 comments:

Jean Wogaman said...

What a hoot!

ChatRabbit said...

I just watched it last night...so funny to see you guys in there- well done!

gael lynch said...

I almost fell off my chair when I saw the BRG logo on the screen at the conference. I thought the acting was perfectamundo! That Jarrett is one talented guy. We'll all watch his star continue to rise. And as for the BRGs? Well...I'm sure this won't be the last time for you girlies either! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVED you all in the JK video. I was wondering who wrote your script. Happy to learn it was all BRG!

Fantabulous!

Katherine

Meghan McCarthy said...

As I'd said - I love it! That's a great photo, too. I hope to see you ladies soon!