Monday, May 31, 2010

Moving...back next week!

Happy Memorial Day, everyone! Especially to our troops, veterans, and family members and friends of the aforementioned.

I moved from Manhattan to Brooklyn (Park Slope, specifically) on Saturday, and have been surrounded by boxes and furniture and relative chaos ever since. But as little orphan Annie sings, "I think I'm gonna like it here!" It's certainly the children's publishing mecca, as proven yesterday, as I went on my first run as a Brooklyn resident in Prospect Park. And who was I to run into coincidentally? Peter Brown. And after seeing my Tweet and Facebook status update about my run, Greenwillow editor Martha Mihalick commented that she, too, had just come back from a run in Prospect Park! No doubt I'll be running (literally, perhaps) into other authors and editors in the 'hood.

I'm sad to leave my beautiful apartment and terrace on the Upper East Side, but I'm excited for this new chapter in my life!


Good-bye terrace! (this was my last sunset)

2 comments:

yamster said...

Congrats! Hi to G, and don't forget to share your address with those of us who still send snail mail... :)

Erika said...

New chapters are always fun and exciting! Good luck with this one. :)