Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Abigail Spells is finished!


As I mentioned under the question of the week, a week ago today I handed in the art for Abigail, yippee! This was a really fun project to work on, and really satisfying to see all the art finished. Laying out all the paintings for a book gives you such a nice sense of completion... there are so many points in the middle of painting when it feels like things just might not resolve and my anxiety kicks in, like I can coast in a painting til its about 75% done, then that last 25% comes from some kind of miraculous leap of faith.

Anyways, here are some of the finals that haven't appeared on the blog yet, stay tuned for updates as the book goes through production- fun and exciting promo to come!



5 comments:

DaisyDuQue said...

These look fantastic, Anna. I can't wait to read the Abigail book in all its finished glory when it comes out!

Meghan McCarthy said...

Congrats Anna! The color and compositions are great and very soothing! Great work!

meghan

Anonymous said...

Charming! More, more....

Katherine

Elaine Magliaro said...

Anna,

I love the illustrations you've posted. Like Meghan, I like the colors you've used in your compositions. I'm looking forward to the publication of "Abigail Spells."

Anna Alter said...

Thanks guys!