Monday, October 20, 2008

Carle Honors and Original Art Show

As I mentioned in the yesterday's Question of the Week, I've been a bit obsessed with politics recently, and am also a little burned out from my 4-part series on Wabi Sabi. So, today I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.

Here are some pics from the Carle Honors a few weeks ago. There's a wrap-up of the evening over at Fuse #8 (including a blurry picture of me and Peter Brown, who was our guest for the evening), so I won't say more except to say it was a lovely event. Maurice Sendak was honored, and strangely enough, the shrubbery was fittingly fantastic. Here I am posing with Max from Where the Wild Things Are:

Peter with one of the wild things:
Even the leaves had eyes!

****

And then last Thursday was the Opening Reception of the Original Art Show at the Society of Illustrators. Little, Brown had a record seven books chosen for the show, and I had my personal record of three books that I edited, including Wabi Sabi by Mark Reibstein and illustrated by Ed Young (which you are all infinitely familiar with by now):
(thank goodness we even had original art to display!!)

The Blue Stone by Jimmy Liao:
and Sergio Makes a Splash by Edel Rodriguez:


And here is fellow BRG Meghan McCarthy's fabulous piece from Seabiscuit: The Wonder Horse:

If you live in the NY area, be sure to check out the exhibit, which will be up until November 26th--it's free! And it's truly magical seeing the beauty and diversity of the art displayed.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I love the illustration from Seabiscuit. The eyes say SO much!

Thanks for sharing all these great images.