Friday, March 19, 2010

booksigning

I've been sick for two days and have eaten NOTHING in days and have a school visit at the crack of dawn this morning! This SUCKS. What also sucks is that I totally forgot that I have a booksigning tomorrow morning, also very early. I also have something the day after that and then have to go to work. I have had NO time to work on my book, which is already very late! What am I supposed to do? I can't help it if I get sick!

Anyway, if you're in the area, here's the info (let's hope I don't get sick again):
Mar. 20 Sat. Time: 10:30 GREENLIGHT BOOKS presents MEGHAN MCCARTHY
686 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11217 INFO: 718.246.0200

I NEED A BREAK! I don't even have time to go to the doctor, which I really really need to do. Sigh. Help.

meghan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon! As an editor, I'd rather get soemthing a bit late, and have it be the best work possible, than get something in on time when an author or illustrator has had to rush through it. Take care of yourself, work when you can, and talk to your publisher. they'll understand!

Anonymous said...

Well clearly, I'm an editor at sea without spell check to correct my typos!

Libby Koponen said...

Meghan! I hope you get some rest SOON. Definitely, Anonymous the Editor is right.

Anonymous said...

Meghan,

If your parents read your blog, they must feel terrible living so far away from you. Maybe you should try to find an apartment in an area full of doctors' offices. Maybe you could find a desk job at a hospital. Hey, you might even meet a doctor that way and marry him and he'd take care of you.

I'm just saying.

Are you feeling better now? Hope so!

Meghan McCarthy said...

I'm feeling better. We'll see how long it lasts. Hmm, I could start looking for a job at a hospital. I've always thought maybe being a janitor would be interesting. and I'm not actually being sarcastic here--they don't really have a boss following them around... it seems like freedom (until you get to the toilet cleaning part).

yeah, my parents do wish they lived closer. My mom has given up on begging for me to move back to RI.