Saturday, June 05, 2010

Could words do this? (this WILL load if you wait 30 seconds!)



And, if that doesn't amuse you, another side of Mr.Mainstay, aka Dan Ackroyd:



So how would you make either of these funny if all you had were the words on the page? Do you think books can EVER be as funny as things that are acted out?

I've laughed at books, quite often, but I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at anything in a book that I started to cry, and that used to happen quite a lot when I watched the old SNL. And in fact, the Julia child one -- which I hadn't seen since then -- had the same effect. I realize that not everyone will find either of these skits as funny as I do -- maybe no one will!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Well, the Georgia Nicolson books have made me laugh so hard that I shot latte out my nose.

Which was awesome, even though I could tell the coffee shop employees were trying to decide if I was mentally stable after that.

But the best part about being able to pause TV? The fact that you can finish laughing at the really funny stuff without missing what happens next.

Anna Alter said...

I can't remember the last time I read a book that made me laugh out loud like I would at an episode of Arrested Development or the Daily Show, but that might have to do with the kind of books I like to read... I guess I'm drawn to more sweet/sad stories.