Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pictures from the Newbery/Caldecott Banquet

Here are some of the pictures that I took at the Newbery/Caldecott Banquet on Sunday evening. You can see more pictures at my Scenes from ALA post at Wild Rose Reader.

Rebecca (Grace's agent), Grace, & Alvina
Some of My Kidlit Blogger Buddies:
L to R
Laura Salas, Kelly Fineman, & Sara Lewis Holmes

Tanita Davis, Laura, & Kelly
Pam Coughlan & Tanita

It was so much fun meeting my blogging buddies in person.
I felt like I was seeing old friends!

6 comments:

Martina Boone said...

Great pictures. Everyone looks genuinely happy! Lovin' the Anthropologie dress!

Marissa

Elaine Magliaro said...

Marissa,

The banquet was truly a "fun" time!
Grace looked lovely. It was the perfect dress for her special night.

Wendie O said...

I couldn't imagine the dress being worn, but when I saw it on you Sunday night, it was beautiful ! Good Choice.

Anonymous said...

Me too! I was sososo thrilled to meet you in person, Elaine!

laurasalas said...

Elaine, it was so terrific to meet you in person. Gotta say, you were very different than I expected. Isn't it funny how we put a voice and mannerism style with a person we know only online, and then when we meet in real life, it may or may not match!

You looked gorgeous in that black dress--so sharp and glam!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Ladies,

I never would have been able to wear a black dress like that if I hadn't lost some weight. I had tried for years to drop pounds--nothing really worked. Then, earlier this year, I cut pasta and bread out of my diet and the pounds began to melt away. It was that easy! I wish I had done it a long time ago.

P.S. I do cheat once in a while. I pigged out on a pepperoni pizza when I returned home from DC on Monday evening.

P.P.S. Kelly & Laura, it was so great to meet both of you (and Tanita and Sara and Pam and Liz) at the banquet!