Tuesday, June 22, 2010

On the road


After putting the finishing touches on A Photo for Greta, I am packing up my car and heading out for a week long road trip. I am a. very excited about this book and thrilled to have it finished after many years of developing the project and b. psyched for a long weekend and whirlwind road trip after many months of painting.

My car is packed and the first stop is New York. I'll meet with my publisher, drop off the art, and have a nice lunch. Then its back on the road and heading down to my hometown in Virginia to visit with my folks for a few days. My mom is doing me the very kind favor of looking after my plants next year while we're in California, so my car looks something like a greenhouse with 15 large leafy plants squeezed into the back of my Honda Coupe. I love my plants and couldn't leave them to wither.

Last stop will be DC on Saturday and Sunday, where I will join the BRG and lots of you (I hope) at ALA. If you are walking the floor or doing a signing or will be at the banquet let me know!

Got to hit the road, so I'll leave you with a piece of Greta art, more to come soon!

3 comments:

Elaine Magliaro said...

Anna,

Have a lovely visit with your family. I'll see you Saturday night!

Kristi Valiant said...

I'll be at the Asian/Pacific ALA banquet Sunday night in DC to accept a picture book award, then driving to NYC after that. Can't wait!

Hope your trips are enjoyable too. A Photo for Greta looks like it'll be a hit. Let us know when it's out.

Anna Alter said...

Thanks Kristi, and congrats!

See you soon Elaine.